The magical southwest, the land that inspired countless artists, split by the impressive Sangre de Cristo mountains, steeped in history, drenched in sun and dappled with Anasazi ruins, pueblos, and colorful mesas. Come join us as we take off from Santa Fe and explore this country. We will surf the Continental Divide into southern Colorado, visit the Black Canyon of the Gunnison and Telluride, fly down the famous Silver Highway to Durango, tour several of the most famous Anasazi ruins (nicely modeled in MSFS) and pueblos in Arizona and western New Mexico and come back home to Santa Fe.
We will be riding the Divide for the first legs of this adventure, so you will need a plane with a service ceiling of at least 14,000 ft and enough power to climb to the peaks and ride the ridges between them. The shortest runways are in the 4000 ft range, so general aviation aircraft will do fine. Legs are roughly 100 nm long, and we will fly a leisurely pace in order to take in all the incredible scenery.
- “Kodachrome County” KSAF to E14 (107 nm)
- “Pecos Wilderness” E14 to KSKX (95 nm)
- “Riding the Ridge” KSKX to CO92 (96 nm)
- “Sangre de Christo” CO92 to KAEJ (102 nm)
- “Black Canyon” KAEJ to KMTJ (112 nm)
- “San Juans” KMTJ to 00C (100 nm)
- “Anasazi Ruins” 00C to E91 (117 nm)
- “Navajo Nation” E91 to KGUP (80 nm)
- “Sky City” KGUP to KGNT (112 nm)
- “Pueblo Road” KGNT to KSAF (95 nm)
Recommended simulator: Microsoft Flight Simulator
Recommended aircraft: Small GA Single/Taildragger
In order to get credit for our flights, please adhere the below rules:
- Register for the event.
- Fly during sponsored events or with two or more pilots online.
- Up to four flight legs a week across all DTP achievements.
- Real Weather / Real Time / Real Charts / No Slewing / No Time Compression.
- Any aircraft and form of navigation allowed.
- If unable to complete a flight, land and save the flight.