DCS: UH-1H Workshop
Introduction to DCS and UH-1H for the Beginner
We will be conducting a series of ongoing Saturday training workshops to introduce new aviators to DCS and the UH-1H.
These will be taught by Lt Col Tom Lundberg(Ret.) who has over 5000 hrs in all variants of the UH-1. Lt Col Lundberg also spent time as an Instructor Pilot (IP) for Basic Transition, Instrumentation, Gunnery, Tactics, and Nap-Of-the-Earth(NOE) teaching courses. He also was a Standardization Pilot; one who trains the Instructor Pilots.
No experience is necessary. If you have ever wanted to give DCS a try and have not known where to start and enjoy a calm and relaxed environment with like-minded others, this is the place for you.
When: < self-study >
Where: TeamSpeak3 @ ts3.digitalthemepark.com
– DCS World Open Beta v2.5
– DCS UH-1H (purchased add-on)
– DCS Nevada Map (purchased add-on)
– TeamSpeak 3 & SRS
Note: Don’t worry if you are unsure about downloading DCS from Eagle Dynamics or Steam as we can sort that out.
Here are a few of the topics we will be covering:
- What is DCS (Digital Combat Simulator)?
- How does it differentiate and complement other simulators you may be used to.
- Installation of DCS World Open Beta v2.5 (Eagle Dynamics and Steam delivery systems)
- Navigating around the DCS Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- Recommended settings for graphics (monitors and Virtual Reality(VR) headsets), audio, etc. specific to your hardware.
- Configuring your controller(s) and recommended tuning, etc.
- Optimal settings for TeamSpeak 3. Later in the course, we will complement the audio with Simple Radio System (SRS) and provide setup and configuration.
- Introduction to the UH-1H Huey helicopter.
- Tour of the cockpit and systems overview.
- Preflight, startup and shutdown procedures.
- Hover control and taxi
- Visual Flight Rules (VFR) patterns and airfield landings.
- Formation flying
- Navigation systems
- Emergency procedures
- Weapon systems (if time permits)
Below are the Workshop events: (latest to earliest)