Introduction to DCS and A-10C and A-10C II for the Beginner
We will be conducting a series of ongoing training workshops to introduce new aviators to DCS and the A-10C and A-10C II. No experience is necessary. If you have ever wanted to give DCS a try and have not known where to start and enjoy a calm and relaxed environment with like-minded others, this is the place for you.
When: Jan 3rd, every Sunday at 8a PT, 11a ET, 1600 UTC
Where: TeamSpeak3 @ ts3.digitalthemepark.com
– DCS World Open Beta v2.5
– DCS A-10C or A-10C II (purchased add-on)
– TeamSpeak 3 & SRS
Note: Don’t worry if you are unsure about downloading DCS from Eagle Dynamics or Steam as we can sort that out.
Here are a few of the topics we will be covering:
- What is DCS (Digital Combat Simulator)?
- How does it differentiate and complement other simulators you may be used to.
- Installation of DCS World Open Beta v2.5 (Eagle Dynamics and Steam delivery systems)
- Navigating around the DCS Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- Recommended settings for graphics (monitors and Virtual Reality(VR) headsets), audio, etc. specific to your hardware.
- Configuring your controller(s) and recommended tuning, etc.
- Optimal settings for TeamSpeak 3. Later in the course, we will complement the audio with Simple Radio System (SRS) and provide setup and configuration.
- Introduction to the A-10C and A-10C II “Warthog” Tank Killer aircraft.
- Tour of the cockpit and systems overview.
- Preflight, startup, taxi, takeoff, and shutdown procedures.
- Heads-Up Display (HUD) and Up-Front Controller (UFC),
- Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS).
- Visual Flight Rules (VFR) patterns and airfield landings.
- Automatic Direction Finder (ADF), Tactical Air Navigation (TACAN) and Instrument Landing System (ILS) Navigation.
- Multi-Function Display (MFD) and Control Display Unit (CDU).
- Navigation, Flight Plans, Waypoints, Markpoints
- Tactical Awareness Display (TAD) and Situational Awareness Datalink (SADL).
- Formation Flying and Tanker Refueling
- Countermeasures and AN/ALQ-131 ECM.
- Litening II Targeting Pod
- Digital Stores Management System (DSMS)
- 30mm GAU-8/A Avenger Cannon
- AIM-9 Short Range Air-to-Air Missile.
- Air-to-Ground (AG) Rockets and Gun.
- Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) Laser-Guided Rockets
- AUTO to CCIP Bombing and Unguided Bombs.
- Litening II Pod and Laser-Guided Bombs.
- BDU Unguided Training Bombs
- LUU Illumination Flares
- GBU Laser-Guided Bombs
- GBU Guided Bombs
- AGM-65 Maverick
Below are the Workshop events: (latest to earliest)