A Discover-Europe Series Achievement
Norway is a Nordic country in Northern Europe, the mainland territory comprising the western and northernmost portion of the Scandinavian Peninsula. The remote Arctic island of Jan Mayen and the archipelago of Svalbard also form part of Norway. Bouvet Island, located in the Subantarctic, is a dependency of Norway; it also lays claims to the Antarctic territories of Peter I Island and Queen Maud Land. The capital and largest city in Norway is Oslo.
The maritime influence dominates Norway’s climate, with mild lowland temperatures on the sea coasts; the interior, while colder, is also significantly milder than areas elsewhere in the world on such northerly latitudes. Even during polar nights in the north, temperatures above freezing are commonplace on the coastline. The maritime influence brings high rainfall and snowfall to some areas of the country.
The Kraken is a legendary sea monster of enormous size said to appear off the coasts of Norway. This subject of sailors’ superstitions and mythos, was first described in the modern age at the turn of the 18th century, in a travelogue by Francesco Negri in 1700. This description was followed in 1734 by an account from Dano-Norwegian missionary and explorer Hans Egede, who described the Kraken in detail and equated it with the Hafgufa of medieval lore.
The legend of the Kraken may have originated from sightings of giant squid, which may grow to 40–50 feet in length.
- Stavanger to Stord ENZV to ENSO (114 nm)
- Stord to Bergen ENSO to ENBR (116 nm)
- Bergen to Sogndal ENBR to ENSG (104 nm)
- Sogndal to Floro ENSG to ENFL (102 nm)
- Floro to Alesund ENFL to ENAL (138 nm)
- Alesund to Torndheim ENAL to ENVA (159 nm)
- Terndheim to Bodo ENVA to ENBO (247 nm)
- Bodo to Leknes ENBO to ENLK (106 nm)
- Leknes to Tromso ENLK to ENTC (152 nm)
- Tromso to Hammerfest ENTC to ENHF (167 nm)
- Hammerfest to Svalbard ENHF to ENSB (474 nm)
- Svalbard to Olso ENSB to ENGM (1090 nm)
- Oslo to Torp ENGM to ENTO (138 nm)
Flight route to next achievement (optional):
- Torp to Bornhold ENTO to EKRN (289 nm)
- Simulator: Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Aircraft: Small GA Single/Twin
In order to get credit for our flights, please adhere to the below rules
- Register for the event (TeamSpeak @ ts3.digitalthemepark.com).
- Fly during sponsored events or with two or more pilots online.
- Up to four flight legs a week across all DTP achievements.
- Real Weather / Real Time / Real Charts / No Slewing / No Time Compression.
- Any aircraft and form of navigation allowed.
- If unable to complete a flight, land and save the flight.
As always, meet up with us on Discord or TeamSpeak (ts3.digitalthemepark.com) for more event details.