Join us for our first VoiceAttack course for complete newbies. For those wondering what VoiceAttack is, check out their website, www.voiceattack.com. In a nutshell, it gives your a way to issue simple or complex commands to your games using your voice. Imagine in DCS saying “Chief, turn on the ground power”, “Map view”, or “activate keyboard” to temporarily use your physical keyboard for CDU entry!
For those that do not already own VoiceAttack, there is a trial version. The trial version of VoiceAttack gives you one profile with up to twenty commands. Other than that, it’s a fully functioning trial with everything available to you.
Note: If you would like to use an unhindered version of VoiceAttack, you will need to purchase a registration key. Many of us picked it up through Steam, but you can also buy from their website.
Saturday, May 29th, 9:30a PT / 12:30p ET / 1630 UTC
Teamspeak3 @ ts3.digitalthemepark.com
<from their website>
What does VoiceAttack do?
- Control your games and simulators with your voice
- Add your voice as an extra controller with voice commands that YOU create. Give specific instructions to your space freighter, your race pit crew, your mech or your druid and give life and immersion to your games like never before.
- Also, control your Windows apps
- Launch and control applications with phrases you can actually remember. “Launch Skype” or “Launch Spotify” without even touching the keyboard or mouse. VoiceAttack even works great along side your favorite voice chat apps like TeamSpeak and Ventrilo.
- Create crazy-powerful macros
- From simple, single key presses from a keyboard to mouse clicks to full-blown virtual conversations using text-to-speech many have found ways to make their PCs easier and way more fun to use.
- Virtual Reality: The time is now
- Many are pairing VoiceAttack with devices such as Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Leap Motion. The extra depth and immersive experience of voice control take virtual reality to a new level [especially when you can’t see your hands].
- Play sounds and/or music
- Receive audible confirmation from your commands or fire up a random selection from your favorite tunes. You can pick random sounds from a defined list or even a directory full of .wav, .mp3, .aac, .ogg or .flac files.
- Not just voice activation, include your hardware
- Invoke your created commands with a click of one or more mouse buttons, the press of joystick buttons or a hotkey combo on your keyboard. Use VoiceAttack to augment or even replace some of that expensive macro-enabled hardware you have been wanting to give away.
- Dynamic text-to-speech responses
- Give your responses some personality by randomizing them or by using VoiceAttack tokens (inline functions) for some extra flair. Dynamic Response Sections allow you to create extensive and immersive expressions with minimal effort. How nerdy is that?
- Comprehensive macro control
- Loops, control statements, variables, tokens and even a plugin interface. It’s all there to help you design sophisticated commands to help make your life easier, or your opponents’ lives more difficult.